- Specific phobias
- Other anxieties, including:
- Social anxiety
- Obsessive-compulsive difficulties (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress reactions (PTSD)
- Depression and low mood
- Bereavement and adjustment to loss
- The effects of child sexual abuse
- Low self-esteem and assertiveness difficulties
- Inner negative feelings such as insecurity and emptiness
- Occupational and acute stress
- Recurrent relationship or interpersonal difficulties
Hello, my name is Dr. Wendy Bowley and I'm a chartered clinical psychologist based in St. Helier, Jersey, in the Channel Islands.
Psychological Assessment and Therapy
I provide assessment, formulation and therapy for a wide range of emotional and psychological difficulties across the lifespan. In particular, I work with adults and adolescents experiencing the following problems:
As an experienced Clinical Psychologist I tailor interventions to each individual’s unique circumstances by first developing an individualised psychological understanding of their difficulties. This draws upon a range of psychological theories and therapeutic approaches.
The range of approaches I use includes an expertise in Cognitive Therapy (sometimes referred to as ‘CBT’) as well as specializing in schema therapy, a type of cognitive-interpersonal therapy. There is a growing evidence base for the use of these approaches with many of the psychological problems listed above.